Scholarships for Advanced MSc in Development Studies, University of Antwerp, Belgium
The Institute of Development Policy (IOB – UAntwerp) offers three advanced MSc programmes in Development Studies for development professionals from all over the world.
Each year our institute organises three advanced Masters in Development Studies: Master in Governance and Development, Master in Globalization and Development & Master in Development Evaluation and Management. We aim to attract development professionals working in (I)NGOs, government agencies, international organisations, academia from all over the world!
There are several scholarships are available, also for Vietnamese professionals working on development issues (e.g. poverty, sustainable development, climate change, gender, trade, globalization, migration, governance, M&E, …)
Globalisation and Development
- Tackle the great challenges of our time: migration,climate and environment and more equal distribution of wealth through trade, global value chains and labour markets
- Study the opportunities of inclusive development at the interface of global and local development processes
- Assess policy and programme interventions and therole of public and private actors therein.
Development Evaluation and Management
- Assess the strenghts and weaknesses of thedevelopment paradigms and the role of external actors in that respect.
- Attain a better understanding of implementation,monitoring and evaluation of development policies and programmes.
- Analyse the interaction between national institutions, local politics and external actors.
Governance and Development
- Analyse governance in the interaction between thedynamics at the national level and the local level.
- Attain a better understanding of the processes of state formation, state failure and state reconstruction.
- Explore the issues of governance and development against the background of violent conflict and the challenge of post-conflict state reconstruction.